A Clear phone case looks great on the phone since it does not cover the original design. Similar to other non-transparent phone cases, clear phone cases have exactly the same functions. People who spend additional time and money to get unique designs and colors usually prefer to use clear phone cases. The most popular clear phone case sells up to 80,000 products on Amazon.
However, most people find that their beautiful clear phone cases will turn yellow after a few months. Once the case is yellow, people might think that it’s the right time to replace it with a new one. But there’s another choice.
We can always prevent our case from turning yellow in simple ways.
There are a lot of online articles talking about cleaning tips. Most of the strategies for removing yellow staff from phone cases are not effective, and sometimes are destructive. For example, bleaching, a highly-mentioned strategy, does not really work well and can ruin the case permanently.
In this article, we will introduce a simple, effective, and harmless way to clean your yellow stained clear phone case.
Here’s a list of things that you need to prepare before we start, all of which could be easily found in any supermarkets near you.
Things you need:
- Baking soda
- White Vinegar
- Tissue/kitchen towel
- Plastic container
- Your yellow phone case
Once you get all your things ready, follow the steps below:
- Prepare a clean plastic container.
- Put ONE piece of tissue or kitchen towel in the container. Make sure it could cover the bottom of the container.
- Put some detergent in the container.
- Mix detergent with a suitable amount of water inside the container.
- Drop 1/2 spoon(s) of baking soda.
- Mix well powders with other liquids in the container.
- Put another layer of tissue or kitchen towel in the container.
- Drop 5 to 6 bottle caps of white vinegar. You can add more if it does not work well for your case.
- Put your phone case in the container and soak it in the liquid mixture. Make sure your phone case is wet enough.
- Get another piece of tissue or kitchen towel, wrap it around your phone case, and put your case together with the tissue/kitchen tower back in the container.
- Drag one layer of tissue or kitchen towel you put in before and put it on the top of your case. Remember to make sure your case is fully covered.
----------------------Now you just need to wait.------------------------
- The waiting time should depend on how many yellow dirts your phone case has.
If everything works well, you can close the tab and your clear phone case should look like a brand new one. But if your clear phone case still looks unpleasant, please read the following contents.
Above is one of the most gentle approaches to cleaning your clear phone case. If this strategy does not work in your case, you should try a few more steps.
For doing deeper and more effective cleaning, we need to use some tools.
Try to find:
- A toothbrush that you do not use.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton swabs (optional)
Then try the following steps:
- Spray a pump or two directly on both sides of your phone case.
- Get your toothbrush. Use the toothbrush to scrub your case. Remember! We need to do this circularly. These circular motions can help us lift more dirt, stains, and oils. Please be patient, and make sure that you scrub every corner of your case.
- Put a little bit more rubbing alcohol on your case. Then use a cotton swab to scrub your case. Again! Please move your cotton swab in circular motions since this can help you remove more dirt, stains, and oils.
- Repeat the above steps till your case is completely clean.
If you are here, then congratulations! You really did a great job. Thanks for your efforts! Finally, you get a new, clean clear phone case!!
If you notice that your clear phone case is still not cleaned, you could either try a more aggressive approach like bleaching or you can get a new one at Top Case Shop. It is hard to clean a clear phone case after it gets dirty and turns yellow. However, you can prevent this from happening.
All sorts of pocket debris and finger oil could easily stain and turn your clear phone case yellow. To keep your clear phone case stays clean and transparent longer, you need to do regular maintenance.
Wash your phone case weekly to prevent yellow stains from the very beginning of forming. Your phone case will definitely last longer!